|This article is about the TV series, Cleopatra in Space. You may be looking for the comic book series or another Cleopatra.|
Cleopatra in Space is an American animated TV series based on the graphic novel series of the same name by Mike Maihack. The series is produced by DreamWorks Animation, and animated by Titmouse, Inc. It officially premiered with 12 episodes in the United States nationwide as a "Peacock Original" on Peacock on July 15, 2020; though the first five episodes were made available on the service on April 15, exclusively for Xfinity customers. Later, six episodes from the second half, deemed "Season 2" by Peacock, was released on November 19, 2020.
Cleopatra in Space is a comedic adventure focusing on the untold story of Cleopatra’s teenage years. Viewers can follow Cleo as she is transported 30,000 years into the future, to an Egyptian-themed planet that is ruled by talking cats and where she discovers she is the prophesied savior of the future world. In order to prepare for her role and mission, Cleo is sent to an elite academy where she has to train to take on the bad guys, figure out how to eventually get herself back home to Egypt, as well as tackling the highs and lows of being a teenager in high school.
Cast and characters
- Lilimar Hernandez as Cleopatra
- Katie Crown as Akila
- Jorge Diaz as Brian
- Sendhil Ramamurthy as Khensu
- Kari Wahlgren as Callie and Lakshmi
- Dee Bradley Baker as Dennis and the Xerxes
- Xolo Maridueña as Zaid
- Alex Cazares as E'Geke-Ek-Gek
- Sumalee Montano as Administrant Khepra
- Elise Dubois as Omnia
- Jonathan Kite as Octavian
- Zach Callison as Zuzz
- Brian Posehn as Eyeball
- Sendhil Ramamurthy as King Ptolemy and Vflurf
- Karan Brar as Gozi
- Dawnn Lewis as Professor Klabrax V
- Paul Rugg as Doctor Queed
- Jonathan Kite as Trumpet Guy
- Dee Bradley Baker as Kek, Generator A.I., Fungus God, Assecula, Askari, and RK
- Sumalee Montano as Misti
- David Shaughnessy as Msumaki, Chostipher, and Nuvillo
- John DiMaggio as Gled
- Candi Milo as Gurp, Dahab, Nekkles, Wodger, Debbie, and Ostea
- Jorge Diaz as Cheval and Gerry
- Ace Gibson as Dave
- Marieve Herington as Damaris and Jane-2000E
- Kari Wahlgren as Marigold Heads, Phoebus, Yosira, Bobbi, Terawat, Urteko, and Pothina
- Lucas Grabeel as Zedge
- Gunnar Sizemore as Philo
- Amy Hill as Professor Sitre
- Katie Crown as Professor Jurval
- Andrew Morgado as Clodswollader and Cyborg Dwayne
- Greg Cipes as Cyrano
- Cissy Jones as Theoda
- Rhys Darby as Simon
- Kimberly Brooks as Amsaja
- Kay Bess as Gurbo Gorbage
- Ken Pringle as Medjed
- Toks Olagundoye as Commodore Winifred
- Damian O'Hare as Mortimer
|Season premiere||Season finale|
|April 15, 2020|
- Universal Kids in the United States, a channel which hosts many DreamWorks cartoons. Later, it was emerged in January 2020 that the series would instead be released at launch on Peacock, NBCUniversal's streaming service. The first five episodes were released as a preview on the streaming service on April 15, 2020, but only exclusively for Xfinity customers. Later, the series officially released on July 15 to all customers nationwide, with the first 12 episodes (excluding "Quarantine" for unknown reasons). On November 19, 2020, the next six episodes were added to Peacock. Cleopatra in Space was initially planned to debut on
Prior to the scheduled release in the United States, the series premiered worldwide on November 25, 2019 on DreamWorks Channel in Southeast Asia. Along with the original English version, an Arabic and Indonesian dub are also broadcast. Later, the series would premiere in Poland on Teletoon+ on February 15, 2020 with a Polish dub. The series was then made available in South Africa on Showmax by February 23, 2020, which included all 26 episodes of season 1. Similarly, all 26 episodes were made available on the Viaplay service in Scandinavia on June 5, 2020, featuring Danish, Norwegian, Swedish, and Finnish dubs.
On May 1, 2020, the entire first season of Cleopatra in Space was released on Globoplay with a Brazilian Portuguese dub. On August 4, 2020, the series premiered on ABC Me in Australia, and the first season finished its run on the 29th. In September 2020, the show began airing on the Disney Channel in Russia with the name "Клеопатра в космосе." Then in October, in the UK, the show began airing on Sky One as part of a partnership with NBC Universal. Currently, the Sky One website allows subscribers to their "Sky Go" service to watch 25 episodes, but not episode 6, "Quarantine." When asked about this, Sky UK stated that this was not included because of the "licensing on the episode."
|The image gallery for Cleopatra in Space (TV series) may be viewed here.|
- The themes in the show's first two episodes, when Cleo comes to the future, and when where she enrolls in P.Y.R.A.M.I.D. are based off Mike Maihack's book, Target Practice.
- Lilimar Hernandez, who voices Cleo, sings the opening theme song, Written in the Stars, the first time she had sent
- The episode "Akila Says No" may be based off Maihack's book, Secret of the Time Tablets where Cleo and her friends journey to the city of Hykosis, where "some of the most notorious thieves and assassins live."
- An ongoing theme of episodes 1-12 is the attacks of a spy in P.Y.R.A.M.I.D. on Cleo is likely based on Maihack's book, "Fallen Empires," where Cleo "and her friends set out to uncover the spy who must be working within the school's ranks."
- It is not known if episodes will use themes from Maihack's other books like The Thief and the Sword, The Golden Lion, and Queen of the Nile.
- NBC Universal, "NBCUNIVERSAL UNVEILS PEACOCK, A FREE PREMIUM AD-SUPPORTED STREAMING SERVICE WITH SUBSCRIPTION TIERS," January 16, 2020, archived February 20, 2020 here, accessed February 20, 2020.
- Bertrand Todesco, "Cleopatra In Space, on air in the US! on Peacock! available April 15! Yeay! I created the characters! #cleopatrainspace #peacock," January 23, 2020, archived February 20, 2020 , accessed February 20, 2020.
- Other platforms said that all 26 episodes were season 1, in line with the description from the show's character designer, Bertrand Todesco.
- Mercedes Milligan, Trailers: Peacock Premieres ‘TrollsTopia’ & ‘The Mighty Ones’ This Month, November 5, 2020, archived November 5, 2020 here, accessed November 5, 2020
- Josh Weiss, WIRE Buzz: Stargirl Season 2 finds Thunderbolt; Henry Golding teases Snake Eyes; Peacock's 'Trollstopia', November 5, 2020, archived November 5, 2020  here, accessed November 5, 2020.
- Janet W. Lee, Peacock Adds ‘TrollsTopia’ from DreamWorks Animation (TV News Roundup), November 5, 2020, archived November 6, 2020 here, accessed November 6, 2020.